As a side project while we were waiting on things in the oven, each group tested a recipe to see if it made the cut for a new cookbook. My group had black bean gluten free brownies. It tasted just as you would imagine. If you’ve never been able to eat brownies due to the gluten it is a great choice, however, if you have no dietary restrictions I would not recommend them. One group made basic yellow cake cupcakes which turned out great. Here is the recipe.
- Pastry or All Purpose Flour 11.5 oz
- Baking Powder 2 tsp
- Butter 1 cup
- Granulated Sugar 1.5 cup
- Salt .5 tsp
- Egg Yolks 8
- Vanilla 1 tsp
- Buttermilk 6 oz
- Sift dry ingredients.
- Cream the butter, sugar, and salt.
- Add yolks 1 at a time making sure they are fully incorporated before adding another
- Add vanilla and mix for 5 minutes.
- Alternate the flour (3 additions) and buttermilk (2 additions) again making sure they are fully incorporated.
- Fill lined cups in a muffin tin and bake at 375.
Yield 16 cupcakes
In Breads class we created Carrot and Herb Bread. This would go great with soup. It isn’t bad by any means, but also not my favorite. (As soon as I receive some of the pictures from our Jalapeno Cheddar Bread it will definitely go up! So yummy!)
Putting our bread on the table from the mixer.
One of the rounds before we shaped it.
The final product! I love when it comes out of the oven and looks so beautiful!