This is an easy recipe Aaron introduced me to. It is a quick dinner that consistently yields great results.
- 1.5 C water
- 1.5 C uncooked instant brown rice
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- .5 C chopped onion
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 T chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 15 oz an black beans, rinsed and drained
- 8 tortillas 8 inches
- 1 C salsa
- Cook rice in a pan as usual for instant rice.
- In an oiled skillet, saute the pepper, onion, and garlic until tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in spices until combined.
- Add beans and cooked rice and stir until heated through, about 5 minutes.
Of course you could add cheese, sour cream or your other favorite toppings. Excluding toppings, each burrito only contains 290 calories! (According to Taste of Home) If you try this, let me know and feel free to suggest other additions. Happy Dining!
Also check out this site for a wonderful salmon recipe.